Thursday, March 13, 2014

3 Gifts Round

Thankful I am for these "3 Gifts Round."

We have a small collection of globes.

This one is in our sitting room:


Susan is a big fan of crossword puzzles and she always consults with this globe, spinning it around and around, slowly, slowly looking for answers to the clues. I guess our knowledge of geography is not as good as it once was! Is geography still taught in school???!!!

I am reminded of that song, "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands." I remember singing this song all the time in Sunday School. Listen to Raffi sing it here.

Globes in our living room:


If the kitchen is the heart of a home, what is the kitchen table? Our kitchen table is round. We spend a great deal of time here. We give thanks every night for our dinner. "Thank You God for these gifts we are about from your bounty through Christ Our Lord. Amen." And variations of this prayer we pray, too.


If the kitchen is the heart of a home, maybe the kitchen table is the soul, the spirit. A large circle. Unbroken. A calendar. If we could spin the table around each spin bringing us to a point in and of time. A point, always of blessing. Of gratitude.

And in our office, the gift round of the camera lens. Of course, the camera does not see. The camera sits on the shelf. The camera waits. The camera waits for someone to see.


I have always believed I have been given a gift from God. A gift of sight. Of seeing. Of seeing beauty. Sharing beauty. Some people have called my gift "distinctive photography with soul."  Thankful I am for this gift! Thank You God!




An admirer of my photography writes: “You have shown me to see the world with a completely different set of eyes. Every single day you bring beauty, joy, depth, and new perspective into my life. I cannot thank you enough for being the beautiful, kind, loving, gentle, and soulful man you are.”

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment