Monday, March 17, 2014

3 HARD EUCHARISTEOS

Family.

Far away.

Son in Houston.

A sister in Dallas.

A sister in New Jersey

A brother in Connecticut.

A daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter in Connecticut.

I live in Massachusetts.

I saw my granddaughter on Saturday. Do I wish she lived next door? Of course, I do. But thankful I am when when I do see her. And there is always love. And thanksgiving.



And I saw my sister in New Jersey a few weeks ago--and my brother--at a family get-together at her house. She is blessed; her three sons and daughter and grand-children all live nearby. Do I wish we saw each other more than a few times a year? Of course, I do. But thankful I am when we do see each other. And there is always love. And thanksgiving.

And I am happy for my sister in Dallas. Funny. She left our home in New Jersey, married, and moved to New Hampshire where she lived for the past 30+ years until moving to Dallas last year to be close to her grandchildren. Do I wish I saw her more often? Of course, I do. But thankful I am when I do see her. And there is always love. And thanksgiving.

And my son. Gosh I miss him. But I am proud of him. He works for one of the best engineering firms in the world. And we did get to spend time together when we drove (twice) to Austin, Texas where he attended graduate school. And we had great times in the city. And now great memories. Do I wish I saw him more often? Of course I do. But thankful I am when I do see him. And there is always love. And thanksgiving.

Here is a photo of us in Austin enjoying Tacos we bought from a food truck:


"Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love."
~1 Corinthians 13:13, New Living Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment