Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ash Wednesday; 3 Things Found

Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent. The word "lent" comes from the Anglo-Saxon word for "spring." Just as spring is the season for new and expanded life, Lent is a time for spiritual rebirth and renewal. I am consciously choosing to "fast" from negative thoughts or behaviors---to turn from the simple act of giving up things to a more positive commitment to take up the practice of higher-level thinking, rising up to a higher level of being; renewed, restored, rejuvenated, reborn. Rising Up. I am rising up!
 

I found patience. I am fasting from impatience. I am patient. I know the cold weather will come to and end and warm days of Spring will arrive. The buds on the trees will appear. The grass will turn from brown to green. As I let go and let divine wisdom work through me my mind clears of any impurities; toxic conditions of my life are washed away and it is with joy in my heart that I can begin my creative work. I am willing to journey patiently along the path before me, knowing that I am here with and for a purpose. I see the good in my life and learn to patiently anticipate abundant blessings.

 
I found time. I am fasting from thinking I do not have time. I am present. I am now. Focused. As a mirror reflects my outer self, prayer and meditation refines my inner self, affecting my daily actions and attitudes. I have time. Time to read. Time to write. Time to pray. Time for friends and family. Time for strangers. Time for Jesus. Time for God. As I focus, I hold thoughts of healing, wisdom, prosperity, peace and freedom for myself and others and know that the highest blessings will come into being. In this way, I am supportive of family and friends whether they are facing a challenge or joyous event. A photograph shared with friends and a kind smile directed to a stranger is a form of prayer, an act of unconditional compassion and generosity.  
 


I found awareness. I am fasting from unawareness.  I am learning each day to become more aware of the light that lives within me. With this ever-present guide, this gift, I am assured of divine help on the path ahead. Even if my steps falter, I know deep within me my way is being illuminated and made clear. Divine light fills me with new ideas that help me create loving relationships, draw prosperity into my life and achieve new creative successes. My heart fills with gratitude for the light within me and on my path that makes these blessings possible. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment